Got my first dev job then lost it. Losing hope!

I thought for a second that this was going to be the “junior dev who deleted the production database” thing that has been spreading like wildfire within the dev community.

You made ME feel better! :heart:

1 Like

Hello there Dawn! It really makes my day to know that you feel better AND YOU SHOULD! The one thing I can not do is take credit for something I didn’t do: I didn’t made you feel better; You allowed yourself to feel better and I celebrate that. It’s you and only you the one with such great power over you and like Uncle Ben said: “With great powers comes great responsibility” Don’t allow anyone to put you down, allow yourself to feel great despite of anything.
Have a great day, Dawn!! you ROCK!!!
Izzy

3 Likes

Hello ProgrammedMikey,

I hope you have found a solution to your problem and if not I hope you’ll read my reply.

I assume you are living in the US? Did you ever consider moving to a new country? I am not saying you should brush off the responsibility for what you did, but other countries understand that re-introducing fellons to the society has many benefits, especially if it is something minor, such as the possession of drugs.

There’s plenty of places with English as the official language … New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Ghana, Jamaica, Australia, heck, you could even come to Berlin. I went there with my British ex-girlfriend and every single person I came across spoke fluent English. I also have plenty of friends who work in Berlin and Hamburg and can’t even speak a whole sentence in German.

Or perhaps London? It is the start-up and tech hub of Europe.