Got my first developer job

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!

It sounds like when opportunity came along, you were well-prepared to seize it!

I’m thrilled to hear you were able to work through the beta curriculum. Did you do all the test-driven beta projects as well? If you have any notes or feedback on them, we’d welcome it. We are super pumped about the beta curriculum, and want fix as many low-hanging fruit issues as we can before shipping it.

10 Likes

Congratulations.

Best wishes with the job, and your new career.

@Tracychen89 @owel @burntfruit Thank you all so much!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll be happy to post an update, because I’ll probably have a lot to share, this is all absolutely new for me!
I got a local position, but I hope to switch to remote one day! I did find a couple of remote opportunities for juniors on angel.co, but only a couple and I haven’t heard back from any of them.
Thank again and best of luck to you too!:wink:

2 Likes

Thank you!
Yes, I’ve done all of the testable projects and only ran into a few issues - one of them was actually my fault, and the was with this: URL Shortener project with testable user stories - Guinea Pigs needed 🐹
But other than that it was an awesome experience, tests were really helpful and I’ve had a lot of fun! I also hope to come back and participate in non-profit projects one day to earn my Full-Stack Developer Certificate :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ohh thanks for reminding me about Angle.co… I meant to look into it before but hadnt. I straightway went to set up my account just now :slight_smile: I appreciate the well wishes…I need it too! :laughing:

Oh GOOD JOB! I so excited for you and I hope you love your work there! Thanks for sharing and best of luck with the rest of you journey! :smiley:

Congratulations on your new job!!! So happy when I hear success stories from everyone. Makes me study more. Wish you all the best. Love you portfolio!!

Thank you so much! Just read your own success story on the forum, and wow, I have to say I admire you! and wish you best of luck too :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! I hope to read your success story here too one day :wink:

Congratulations @Enikol on your new job!

Congratulations!

Also exchanging var with let should work :wink:

2 Likes

Congratulations.

Best wishes with the job, and your new career.

Well done!!! Congrats!!!

Congratulations! Exciting times ahead! Thank you for sharing your interview experience. It has been very useful. I am working my way through the FreeCodeCamp challenges still , slowly getting towards my first cerficate, but have been looking ahead and wondering what a developer interview might be like🙂 All the very best in your new developers career.

That code runs correctly for me as originally written. Am I missing something?

And congrats btw :slight_smile:

Congratulations !!! :clap::clap::clap: Good luck at the job!!

Congratulations!!!
If you were a boy\man you wouldn’t have got this job. :wink:

Speaking based on your experience of not getting a job? Well maybe the fact you haven’t got a job is somehow caused by your poor skills and overall level of intelligence and not your gender.

1 Like