GraphQL query question

Hi I just started looking into GraphQL. Don’t really understand it yet but I’m getting there.

I’m playing around with the Github API. I’m trying to do a query to find all repositories matching specific names, from an array like: [“repo A”, “repo B”, “repo C”].

Something like this: (this example is pseudo though)

query {
  repositoryOwner(login: "beinnor") {
    repositories (first: 10, *** matchingNames: ["repo A", "repo B", "repo C"] ***) {
      nodes {
        name
      }
    }
  } 
}

Instead of getting the first 10 repos, i only want to get those in the array.

I’ve played around with the GitHub GraphQL API a bit, so now I realize that my previous response was irrelevant.

Trying to do a query without the “first” or “last” parameter gave me the following error:

{
  "data": {
    "repositoryOwner": null
  },
  "errors": [
    {
      "type": "MISSING_PAGINATION_BOUNDADRIES",
      "path": [
        "repositoryOwner",
        "repositories"
      ],
      "locations": [
        {
          "line": 3,
          "column": 5
        }
      ],
      "message": "You must provide a `first` or `last` value to properly paginate the `repositories` connection."
    }
  ]
}

If you enter a value larger than 100, say, 1000 for first, you’ll get the error message:

“Requesting 1000 records on the repositories connection exceeds the first limit of 100 records.”

As for finding a user’s repositories by names, maybe you could create the array of names on your end, loop through it, and for each name make the following graphql query:

query {
	repository(owner: "bobjz" name: "repo-name") {
      description
      // other fields of interest
  }
}

I could be wrong, but just using the GitHub GraphQL API Explorer isn’t going to get you what you want; you’ll have to build your own application.

Maybe somebody with more info will chime in…