Grid? Bootstrap?

Hello, I would like to create a website with the same layout of images as here: https://readcereal.com/category/travel/ and I can’t decide what is the best approach (I’m a newbie ;)). Would you suggest that Grid or Bootstrap is the way to go? I like how those images’ setting changes - once there are 2 images in a row, then it’s 3, then again 3, then 2…etc. Do I have to incorporate some JS to make this mix happen?

Thank you for your help in advance :slight_smile:

although Both can do the trick!! I do recommend you to learn Grid… For several Reasons…

Grid is faster since it is built in CSS Already while bootstrap is an external framework, which would probably load slower…

secondly, Grid does not need extra markups where as in bootstrap, as far as i know, needs some divs with specific classes to work out, which for me, isnt really the best way to layout a page considering the motto “Code less, Do more”

and Lastly, CSS Grid, for me is way easy to learn and controllable since youre working with real CSS Properties and Values…

With those being said, I recommend you to visit this site to learn grid …

Its taught excellently by Wes Bos

1 Like

I would definitely recommend CSS Grid because of it’s simplicity and power. It’s super easy and intuitive to build responsive web-apps with it. Here’s a video to help you get started and to sell you on idea of CSS grid.
The only drawback, though, that you should be aware of is that CSS Grid is a new feature and old browser versions don’t support it. Although this shouldn’t be a problem for ya unless you’re working for a big corporation

Thank you both for the advice and links. I will defo learn CSS Grid. Could you please also let me know what’s the best way to achieve the different set-up of columns? I guess I can adjust this in the Grid or is it done with JS?