Hacktoberfest 2018 - help the freeCodeCamp community and get involved and get a free shirt!

Every year, Digital Ocean sends out thousands of free Hacktoberfest shirts. You can get one by opening 5 pull requests to open source repositories.

Last year, freeCodeCamp received more Hacktoberfest pull requests than any other repo on GitHub. And this year, we’ve made freeCodeCamp’s GitHub repository even easier to contribute to:

1. We’ve merged the curriculum, guide, and learn repos all into our main freeCodeCamp repo
  2. The entire curriculum is now stored in Markdown instead of big JSON files - meaning you can update each challenge’s text and tests right on GitHub using GitHub’s markdown editor.
  3. We’ve translated the entire freeCodeCamp curriculum into Arabic, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. You can help us refine these translations to make them as clear as possible.

There is an incredible amount of work to be done to make freeCodeCamp as accessible as possible to the millions of people out there who want to learn to code.

Here’s the full article explaining how you can get your contribute to open source and get your free Hacktoberfest shirt:

5 Likes

Hi. I’ve read that you’ve translatad the entire freeCodeCamp Curriculum, but that’s not available to me. Where can I change my language to Portuguese?