Has anyone ever signed software development agreement?

Hi everyone! I’m currently diving deep into Python development, with a particular interest in building Telegram bots. I’ve completed a few personal projects and feel confident in my abilities.

Recently, a friend who just launched his own small business asked if I could create a Telegram bot for him. I’m happy to help, and I see it as another opportunity to expand my portfolio and skills. However, while I’m offering a friendly discount, there will still be a fee involved.

To keep things professional and avoid any misunderstandings down the line, I’d like to have a simple software development agreement in place. Nothing too complex or lawyer-heavy, just something that outlines the scope of work, payment terms, and ownership rights.

Has anyone here ever used or created such an agreement? Any recommendations for templates or resources?

Thanks in advance for your help!

This probably isnt the best place to get advice. This forum is primarily used by people just learning how to code. I would start by doing more research on the topic, there might be a few templates out there from search results that you can use to get an idea.

1 Like