Has quality of FreeCodeCamp articles decreased nowadays?

I came across articles like these on freecodecamp and I think nowadays the quality of helpful and interesting articles on the blog has gone down

1. How to Open Task Manager in Windows 10
  2. How to Unblock Someone on Instagram
  3. How to Delete Albums on iPhone
  4. How to Change Screen Brightness on Windows 10

Let me know what do you think?

freeCodeCamp is widening the scope, publishing also articles that can be useful for anyone interested in using technology and not only for developers, and programmers

but if you have feedback to give on the publication, I imagine you can write to editorial@freecodecamp.org with it

4 Likes

It is useful sometimes, if you search for specific topics.

Do you have article ideas you’d like to see? Perhaps a thread on "can someone write about <article question here>" might be useful.

Well, there are two types of authors on FCC news.

The staff authors and volunteer contributors.

If a volunteer contributor, sees a thread of suggestions and wants to write on one of those topics, then they are free to do so.
Or they can just continue to write on what they feel like.

@abhigk can also apply to be a volunteer contributor and write articles that interest them.

As for the staff authors, we get assigned articles to write.

Even if this thread were to get going, it is really up to the volunteer contributors if they want to write on a topic or not. :grinning:

Lol kind of my point. I’m a volunteer contributor, though I’ve only written one so far. It isn’t for lack of ideas, rather the opposite - where to start?

I agree, the way to see the type of articles one wants to see might be to get involved, apply to be a volunteer contributor, and write them. And if one is not ready or able to do so, contribute those ideas.

In fact, I’ll go further: having been at this a bit, and having a decent grasp of core javascript, I’m willing to take on a requested topic each week. Primarily javascript, though html/css/etc can be a part; primarily vanilla, though I’m willing to dissect aspects of frameworks if that’s of interest (getting into how useState works internally is fun).

I’m not staff, so it isn’t an assigned thing - but as a labor of love to the language and the community, I’d enjoy this challenge! :grin:

That’s a good problem to have.

I have the exact opposite situation.
I have very few ideas :laughing:
But that is because I haven’t been programming that long.

I think that would be kind of cool :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.