Hate my job - can I switch to software developer?

Hi - first post here :slight_smile:

Currently a lawyer but really not enjoying it. Always been big into gaming and technology, and did a bit of coding back when I was 16/17 (should have pursued it but went into law). Currently 25 and looking to become a software developer but honestly no idea where to start! Any tips or a guide? Don’t have any experience or a degree in anything related to software development so going to be from scratch.

Thanks so much!

You’d be surprised how many people I’ve known who have gone from a career path in law to one in software. freeCodeCamp.org is a really good place to start your journey.
nerdzone

2 Likes

I won’t lie to you: Like anything else, coding can be a challenge. However, the payoffs can be great. And because software development is technology-based, there are so many opportunities for growth and education online.

As a lawyer, I am sure you understand the commitment and dedication required to meet your goals. With programming, there is nothing tying you to one specific field or topic.

With all that said, I encourage you to explore the world of software development. I’d suggest checking out freeCodeCamp and the many resources it provides (learning, YouTube channel, forums (you’re here, yay!), and news. You can check out as little or as much as you would like!

You’ve already taken the first step. You’re here.

Welcome—I hope you find your passion soon.