Having a hard time with JS

Having a hard time with JS
0.0 0

I’ve been having a hard time lately. Ever since I’ve started coding (which was a few years ago), I’ve been trying to pick up JavaScript (plain old kind, not the other libraries). However, I have been met with a difficulty: I just can’t do it. It’s hard for me to understand how to work it. I understand how to set all the variables and things but when it comes to setting up things to make the actual magic happen: I’m lost. I’ve tried over and over learning JavaScript through many mediums but i still can’t pick it up. I still need some sort of guide on how to code with this language whenever I work on a project. My question is: how do I pick up JS? What should I do to be able to grasp the language and use it in my projects with little to no difficulties?

Thanks.

They got simplest tutorial here: https://www.w3schools.com/js/default.asp .
That’s how i started.

How far have you gotten on the FCC curriculum? When you get stuck, post a question on the forum and show us your attempt at a solution and ask detail questions about what you do not understand. We will do our best to point you in the right direction so that you can hopefully figure it out mostly by yourself.

Like learning a foreign language, it takes lots of practice until it becomes easier to implement.

If you need more hand holding, check out online video courses like Lynda.com or Treehouse. Many public libraries offer subscriptions free of charge, and they will walk you through some simple projects. In the end, you’ll just have to do it. There are no shortcuts. The chances are you know more than you think you do.