Hello, I am kind of new in this platform and coding

Hello I am a medical student also studying economics. I always felt incomplete studying medicine and was depressed throughout all my education. Anyway I started coding recently and want to be a data scientist or/and study in major companies.

I completed the web development lessons and finished the projects, wanted to share my progress here. Here is my codepen account: https://codepen.io/ozanbaskan

Hey there @ozanbaskan!

Welcome to FCC!

Just as a reminder I wanted to tell you that its customary to send each project for review to the forum as soon as it’s complete, that way you can implement the changes as fast as possible. However, I’ll try my best to give you some feedback for some of your projects.

Portfolio Page

So, the first thing to note is that the page provided in the CodePen is verbatim of the example page FCC gave us, make sure you make your code your own, it’s ok to borrow or reverse engineer the code that FCC gives us, but we can’t copy it either :slight_smile:.

Technical documentation

Your technical documentation page is pretty good, but I have some suggestions to make it better:

• Add scroll-behavior: smooth; to your CSS in either the html or body selectors in CSS, it will make the navbar scrolls much smoother.

• I also recommend adding some more content, I did the same thing adding some lorem ipsum instead of actual content, but I also left room to one day add more content for more people to see, if you the example of my tribute page here’s the link: https://bentechcoder.github.io/Technical-Documentation-Page/

• Last things are the empty <head> </head>, codepen provides the boilerplate and allow you to put the script in its virtual head space in setting.

Product landing Page

• The boxes are a little bit too transparent making it very hard to read the text in them. I recommend making them just a bit less transparent to fix.

Thanks for joining the FCC forums, I couldn’t review all your projects but it’s a start!

Happy coding!
Best,
Cy499_Studios

hello, thank you very much for your review, I think I accidently saved the example portfolio page as one of my projects, here is mine: https://codepen.io/ozanbaskan/full/zYKLqdO

But if you mean that page I gave the link of, I will try to improve to differentiate more, because I realize there are some parts I inspired from example projects.

No problem! @ozanbaskan

I suspected it might have been an error lol, your portfolio is very impressive but I do have some suggestions:

• The colors kind of hurt my eyes, try going with mellower colors such as brown and black, however you design is very unique, and I love the way you made it so this one is less of a code thing and more of a personal opinion.

• The next one is to use font awesome icons; you can get a free pack at thier website and deploy them using the <a> element. It really helps with the contact section below.

and that’s all I have to say, have fun on your coding journey and continue learning new things! :smiley:

Best,
Cy499_Studios

Thank you very much for your every comment, really appreciated to get some feedbacks here.

Welcome to the forums @ozanbaskan. Some things to revisit;

tribute

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • link” is not accessible

survey

There are too may things in HTML and CSS that were taken from the sample project for this to be considered original work. Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.

• The projects aren’t just another challenge. Each one is meant to be a significant step in your progress. Every project you do will require research, planning, trial and error, and strengthening your skills beyond what you gain from the incremental challenges.

prod land

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens. Elements fall out of the container.

tech doc

Not much to review here. In programming circles, you’ll see a lot of conversation about (technical) documentation, in reference to explaining an API, library, project contribution, etc. Reading and writing good documentation is an important skill and doing this project about a code related subject gives you a good reason to go do some research about the tools you are learning to use.
You could have gone to MDN Web Docs and researched HTML or CSS and written a short tech page with information from there.

portfolio

• Run your CSS code through the W3C validator.
    • There are coding errors you should be aware of and address.

thank you for your review and telling me that projects are actually a significant step in my progress. I actually wanted to finish up my projects and move up to the other lessons in curriculum because I aim to improve on a different field. I felt kind of embarrassed actually.

I will give my time and better my web development and web development projects.