Hello There /Everyone

Hello There /Everyone
0.0 0

Tell us what’s happening:
I have placed the
}
p { font-size: 30px;
}
in many different areas. My last iteration below shows I finally copied and pasted it between the style comments. I finally got almost all of it right except for the font issue. I’m been very patient with myself. Now I’m getting angry that I have not been able to figure it out. I went to “google it” and thought I understood what I was to do. I even had an “A-HA” moment where I thought I was going to get it right. Turned out to be an “A-HA-HA-HA” rolling on the floor and can’t get up moment. Now I’m going to step away for awhile and come back to it. I think I’m making it so much harder than it really is.

Your code so far

<style>
  .red-text {
    color: red;
  }

}
p { font-size: 16px;
}
</style>

<h2 font-size=16px, class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

<p> }
p { font-size: 30px;
}Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, she everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:

Your code may have some syntax error.
Try this instead?

<style>
  .red-text {
    color: red;
  }

p {
    font-size: 16px;
  }
</style>

<h2 style="font-size: 16px;" class="red-text">
CatPhotoApp
</h2>

<p class="red-text">
Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.
</p>

<p style="font-size: 30px;">
Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, she everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.
</p>

Where in the challenge instructions does it ever say to put the above nested inside the 2nd p element html? You have the 99% of the correct code in between the <style> and </style> tags. You need to do two things to pass this challenge:

1. Delete the code shown above.

2. Delete the extra } between the red-text selector class definition and the p selector definition.

Ha, I finally got it. Thanks for your advice but another person at freecodecamp showed a great example I used which worked. However, I’m learning to pay attention to detail because one wrong placement of anything can keep me from moving forward.

Thanks. This is a great place to be. I will let you know in 6 months how I’m doing. Right now, though, it is me moving forward a slow as a snail.