Hello! What level is before beginner?

Good morning! I’m brand new here and brand new to coding. I don’t think I could qualify as a beginner. I have no clue what direction I should start going but I’m ready for a change.

My experience so far is limited to a HTML/CSS course my brother bought me on Udemy. What I’ve done on it has really interested me. I’m kind of leaning that direction at the moment.

A little bit about me. I’ve spent the last almost 30 years working on ejection seats in fighter jets and I’m tired of it. I’m really interested in learning something new technology related maybe trying the freelance route for employment. I doubt myself if I’m even able to do this.

Enough about me. I just wanted to introduce myself and ask others that may have once been in my place. Where should I start?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Don’t worry that you feel like you don’t know anything. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I’d try to embrace that feeling anyway, as you will constantly be discovering new things that you don’t know, bit also realising that you know more than you think as you progress.

As for direction, the course is structured in a way that is designed to be done in order, so if you’re not sure what to do, it makes sense starting at the beginning and working your way through. You’ll start to pick things up as you progress.

If you get stuck or are unsure, that’s where the forums help.

I can’t give any career advice as I’m still fairly new to this myself and just learning right now, but I’m sure others with more experience can give you some suggestions or help.

:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the response! Makes sense just to start at the top and start working my way down the list. I guess it goes back to the old saying “The hardest part of a long journey it taking the first step”

By the way “fighter jet ejection seat engineer” sounds like a cool job.

1 Like

Hahah thank you. It’s an interesting job. It’s the only system on the jet designed to save a life. Luckily in my career doing it I’ve only had two pilots eject. Both survived.

Welcome to the community @cubrooski !

I never had a clue when I began coding. I never knew the first thing about it.

But, the lessons are presented in a way that are easy to understand in most cases, and if we do not understand, we have a great community in the forum who help each other.

No question is ever dumb, and believe it or not, we were all beginners at some point. Just for some of the people here, it was many years ago.

But, they are great with us, too. :slight_smile:

I suggest starting on the Responsive Web Design. The layout there, I have found to be ‘beginner friendly’. And, as I say there are a great group of people here in the forum to guide us.

Happy coding!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! For the welcome and advice. I truly do appreciate it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.