HELP! Apache Installation Errors

Hi guys,

I tried installing Apache on a windows 32-bit computer via cmd, but got these errors:

AH00558: httpd: could not reliably determine the server’s fully qualified domain name, using fe80::1813:b6d5:5ae:cb5. Set the ‘ServerName’ directive globally to suppress this message.

<OS 10048> Only one usage of each socket address <protocol/network /port> is normally permitted. :AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

AH00451: no listening sockets available, shutting down.

AH00015: Unable to open logs

I have tried using Google but couldn’t find a convenient answer. I’d appreciate any help. Thanks.

Well, it’s a common error I got from time to time. I think your port 80 is already taken.

Check your default virtual host (should be localhost) and check if the server name is defined. You must always have a least one virtual host.

Now for the port 80, check if you have an application that uses that port like IIS, Tomcat, Wamp, Xamp, … Whatever. If it’s the case you have two choices, disable the port 80 for this application or define another port to use as default.

Try running
netstat -ano
From the CMD line to see what might be using port 80, Windows IIS and Skype use 80.