Help for my 13 year to start coding

My 13 year old son wants to start coding. Could i have some advice on where he should start?
Thank you.

Hi there! Welcome to the community.

I would recommend having him start right here on freeCodeCamp with the Responsive Web Design course. It starts at the very beginning of programming and takes a step-by-step approach to ease into everything.
Responsive Web Design Certification | freeCodeCamp.org

A great thing about starting with web development is how quickly you get a visual result which can help with motivation.

Have him take his time on the course. If he doesn’t understand something, help him use Google to try and find answers. If Google doesn’t help, the forum here is a great resource with a lot of knowledgeable folks who want to help.

Free Code Camp also has a ton of great videos on YouTube as well as Blog posts that cover various topics. They can be a great addition after he’s had a chance to get his feet wet with the Responsive Web Design course.

1 Like

Chat GPT is a very valuable resource for learning too. I’d highly recommend your son talks to it and asks it questions about coding, and see where it goes from there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.