Help in Erlang please

Erlang

Hi @df290

Welcome to FCC.

Before you get any help here, you need to demonstrate that you have attempted to solve the problem by yourself. Even then, you need to be specific about the issue you need help with. Though we shall give you hints, we won’t provide the solution for you in its entirety.

The above screenshot appears to be homework/school assignment. If it is, then solving them for you would tantamount to cheating, wouldn’t it?

2 Likes

You mean “Erlang” as the programming language? Then I’d recommend you look for a site dedicated to that.
FCC focuses on Python and JavaScript.

And there you should provide more info about with what tasks you are struggling and what you already know.
Anyway, I doubt you’ll find an Erlang expert in the forum.

1 Like

These are extremely basic challenges, and Erlang is an extremely simple language, syntax-wise, but without knowing what level you are at (edit: as in regarding programming in general) or what you already know or the context in which you’re doing this :man_shrugging:t3:

I can help here in this thread with any issues if you’re stuck, but eg:

What have you tried already? What do you already know? Is this for school? How do you have to submit the answers – do you just have to write them so they can be executed in the REPL, or in the form of a module? Here is the shell of the first answer:

funh(X,Y) -> .

What goes after the > and before the .?
Why have I used uppercase letters for the parameters, did I do that randomly? Why is there a full stop at the end? Is that full stop a typo? Why, in the instructions, have they written funh/2?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.