Help me I don't know what to do. Don't know which path to take. Guess I shold just give up or something

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.75 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

1 Like

why? take a deep breath

what’s going on? what are you struggling with?

1 Like

Hey @DavidLacsao! Why so much stress? Don’t give up man, be cool! Just tell us what problem you are facing. Don’t know how to start?

1 Like

Don’t know how to start the “build a tribute page” part.

1 Like

Did you read the instructions FCC gave you?

Um yes, I just find it hard to start at the coding part. I am using the codepen website

2 Likes

Hello @DavidLacsao. Be cool and read the instructions carefully.

Then choose your person (or subject) for this project.

Now take a deep breath and sketch your tribute page in a paper. You can use this sketch as a reference when coding.

First, you need a CodePen account. Then, go to the link FCC gives at the bottom of the instructions (the link with the text “fork this pen”). Now click on the “Fork” at the bottom of the page. Then, delete the comments inside the HTML code box. You need to keep the script tag.

After you have sketched out your page, write your HTML markup inside CodePen. As you are writing code in CodePen, the head and body tags are already set for you. So, you only need to write code that should be inside the body tag. Make sure you fulfil the user stories in the instructions!

I think you know how to code a basic webpage by using necessary HTML elements.

After you’ve written enough HTML code, it’s time to start with CSS (or else your page would look ugly). I believe you have learnt basic CSS and also Flexbox, grid, etc. You can use any layout module you want (flexbox, grid, floats, etc.).

If you feel it difficult, feel free to go to the sample tribute page FCC gives you at the start of the instructions and look into it’s code.

Now, it’s time to make everything responsive! Use media queries to make your project responsive and use max-width: 100%; and height: auto; to make the image responsive.

After you think you are done, click on the hamburger menu at the top of your page. Now select “Tribute Page” from the dropdown and click “Run Tests”. If you have fulfilled all the user stories, you will pass the tests! If you haven’t, you can click on the second button and see what you did wrong.

After you’ve done your project, ask for feedbacks in this forum! We will be happy to check out your page!

At last, submit your project and get ready to do the next project!

If you find difficulty anywhere, feel free to come to this community and tell your problem. We would be more than happy to help you!

You can check this link for more help:

And at last, don’t ever give up! Always bust out the obstacles you are facing and become a successful man!

2 Likes

Wow man! thank you so much for this, your a life saver. I’ll keep your advices in mind and never give up.

1 Like

There you are back in business! Best of luck on your project :grinning:

1 Like