Help please! why is the Age not aligned with the Name and Email? The code is the same?

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 9.18.35 PM

Here is the code

HTML:

<label class="block" id="name-label">Name <input class="block" id="name" type="text" required placeholder="Enter your name"/></label>
<label class="block"id="email-label">Email <input class="block" id="name" type="email" placeholder="Enter your Email" </label> 
<label class="block" id="number-label">Age (optional)<input class="block" id="number" type="number" min="10" max="120" placeholder="Age"</label>

CSS:

h1,p {text-align: center;}

select{display: block;}

.block {display: block;}

p{margin-top: -15px;
margin-bottom: 30px;}

fieldset {max-width: 500px;}

body {font-family: Arial;}

label {margin: 20px;}

Hi @kellywx12

Welcome to FCC.

Check the input tag in the elements which are not aligned. Is that how they are supposed to be?

I don’t know why this is causing only the Age input to be out of line, but you didn’t close your <input> tags. They are self-closing tags, so it should look like this:

<label class="block" id="name-label">Name <input class="block" id="name" type="text" required placeholder="Enter your name"/></label>
<label class="block"id="email-label">Email <input class="block" id="name" type="email" placeholder="Enter your Email"/></label> 
<label class="block" id="number-label">Age (optional)<input class="block" id="number" type="number" min="10" max="120" placeholder="Age"/></label>

Once you do that, it will fix your problem!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! also, i set a max width for the entire fieldset, but it is not centered, so when i increase the size of the screen, it does this:

how can i fix this?

1 Like

You can try setting the margin of the container horizontally (left, right) to auto. Otherwise, use flexbox?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.