Help settling a bet

Hi! This is my first time doing this. I will try to brief so that i can take up as little of your time as possible. So if you’re familiar with the xbox360 “Blades” dashboard that would help, looks like this

. Essentially a friend bet me that I couldn’t build a website that looks and navigates like the Blades dashboard. I am asking for help in the way of what tools and things will I need to use so that I can win this bet. I am new to writing any code. I know basic html, css, and javascript but am very willing to look into anything I might need. The bet does not actually yield any money or prize but I would like to win. Thanks in advance. Also sorry if this is an inappropriate question for this forum, I just wasn’t sure where else to go for help.

1 Like

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

While we are primarily here to help people with their Free Code Camp progress, we are open to people on other paths, too. Some of what you are asking is pretty trivial in the Free Code Camp context, so the FCC curriculum will really help you get started. You can find the curriculum at https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn.

With your current questions, we don’t have enough context to know what you already know or don’t know, so it is impossible to guide you without just telling you the answer (which we won’t do).

It is pretty typical on here for people to share a codepen / repl.it / jsfiddle example of what they have tried so that anyone helping has more of an idea of what help is actually helpful.

Please provide some example of what you’ve tried and I’m sure you’ll get more help.

Happy coding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have an xbox but just from the look of it, that’s quite a project you’ve gotten yourself into …

This might require a LOT of work, but if you really get it done, you’ll have the HTML/CSS skills of a junior front end developer. I’d start with typing out the HTML.