Help: Technical Documentation Page

Hello people, I’m new to coding and I’ve been trying to solve a problem about my Technical Documentation Page Challenge.

Here is my page: https://codepen.io/magandus/pen/MWyaGNd

I really don’t understand why my topics and scripts are fading to right when I try to adjust margin. I’m dealing with this for 3 hours and I couldn’t find a solution yet. Please help :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,
I don’t understand what you mean. What do you mean with ‘topics’ and ‘scripts’ ? I don’t see anything fading either.
I do see a few issues at first glance.

1. you are using the same id in multiple elements. Don’t do that. An id is supposed to be unique, use a class instead.
  2. You have nested the main-doc element of the constants inside the main-doc element of the introduction. In other words you have not used a closing tag for the main-doc element that holds your introduction text
  3. I think that the main element should also be used only once for the main content of your webpage. I would use it once, and then nest sections insidethem that hold all the text.

Please write back so that I can have a closer look at your problem.

Greets,
Karin

1 Like

Hi Karin,

Thanks for the advice about id’s.

Currently my problem looks like this;

Could you please check the link again?

PS: I was changing the codes while you were checking out so you may not understand what I said.

Hi,

What you are doing is good. I would use a bit more, like 350px so that part of the text is no longer hidden behind the nav. You do need to remove margin: 0px because the margin property refers to ALL margins. It is overridden by the margin-left property because it is placed below the margin prop but it could create all sorts of problems in the future.

But is that the problem you are writing about or is it still something else?

Greets,
Karin

Greets,
Karin

1 Like

Thank you so much Karin, I solved it :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like