Help! Why can't I get another fieldset under the dropdown?

Hi All, I’m working on my first project and am on to Step 13. I have been trying and researching this for two days. I am getting ready to put the radio buttons in BUT every time I add a new fieldset, either nothing shows up or the buttons show up on the side. Any thoughts? Here’s my code so far:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <title>Math Class Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css">
  </head>
</html>
<body>
  <h1 id="title">Math Class Form</h1>
  <p id="description">Thank you for taking the time to help make this class even better next year.</p>

<form id="survey-form">
  <fieldset>
    <label id="name-label">Name <input id="name" type ="text" required placeholder="Enter Your Name"/>
    </label>
  </fieldset>

<fieldset>
    <label id="email-label">Email <input id="email" type="email" required placeholder="Enter Your email"/>
  </fieldset>

<fieldset>
     <label id="number-label">Age (optional) <input id="number" type="number" min="14" max="19" placeholder="Age"/>
    </label>
  </fieldset>

<fieldset>
    <label> Which option best describes who told you to take this class?
    <select id="dropdown">
      <option value="">Select One</option>
      <option value="1">My teacher</option>
      <option value="2">My guidance counselor</option>
      <option value="3">My parent/guardian/grownup</option>
      <option value="4">My friend(s)</option>
      <option value="5">I wanted to take it</option>
      <option value="6">Other</option>
  </label>
  </fieldset>

</form>
</body>

You are missing closing elements. Specifically, the select that isn’t closed is causing this (but there is also an unclosed label element).

I would suggest you run your code through a validator.

Thank you so much for taking a look at this! Trying your suggestion now :slight_smile:

EDIT: It worked!! Thanks for sending along the validator link as well!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.