Help with Applied Accessibility: Improve Readability with High Contrast Text

Hi.

I would greatly appreciate some help with this particular part of coding, I have dine exacty as described in the tutorial unless i am missing something.

this is the code im using with the edit included yet i am getting nowhere with it. Please help…

<head>

<style>

body {

color: #636363;

background-color: #FFF;

}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<header>

<h1>Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat</h1>

</header>

<article>

<h2>A Word on the Recent Catnip Doping Scandal</h2>

<p>The influence that catnip has on feline behavior is well-documented, and its use as an herbal supplement in competitive ninja circles remains controversial. Once again, the debate to ban the substance is brought to the public's attention after the high-profile win of Kittytron, a long-time proponent and user of the green stuff, at the Claw of Fury tournament.</p>

<p>As I've stated in the past, I firmly believe a true ninja's skills must come from within, with no external influences. My own catnip use shall continue as purely recreational.</p>

</article>

</body>

Your code so far

<head>
<style>
body {
  color: #636363;
  background-color: #FFF;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<header>
  <h1>Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat</h1>
</header>
<article>
  <h2>A Word on the Recent Catnip Doping Scandal</h2>
  <p>The influence that catnip has on feline behavior is well-documented, and its use as an herbal supplement in competitive ninja circles remains controversial. Once again, the debate to ban the substance is brought to the public's attention after the high-profile win of Kittytron, a long-time proponent and user of the green stuff, at the Claw of Fury tournament.</p>
  <p>As I've stated in the past, I firmly believe a true ninja's skills must come from within, with no external influences. My own catnip use shall continue as purely recreational.</p>
</article>
</body>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:85.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/85.0.

Challenge: Improve Readability with High Contrast Text

Link to the challenge:

your code passes for me
please try deactivating any browser extention that has access to freecodecamp, like dark mode, add blockers etc
try also to update your browser to latest version or use a different fully updated browser

let us know if these things don’t solve the issue

1 Like

thank you so much I completely forgot I even had my dark reader on :man_facepalming:

you can switch on the dark mode from the settings so you can keep coding in the dark