Help with Browser Game

Hey, i’m a newbie developer (with basic knowledge about HTML, CSS n JScript) and i’ll try to keep this short. I have an idea for a browser game but i don’t even know where to start.

The game is sort of a “choose your own adventure” type of game (you play as a detective), so it’s mostly text and pictures, but i have an idea for the “layout” of the game that is troubling me.

The idea is of the game is that the adventure is located in these polaroid photos (containing text and decisions) which are pinned to a bigger board. So for example, if you finish a chapter, depending on the choices you’ve made, you move on to the next chapter which is another polaroid photo across the bigger board on the background (during which you get a glimpse of other polaroid photos that you pass by on the board).

Plus, i’d like for it to have an ending that lets you ZOOM OUT and see the whole board containing all the chapters.

I’ve been told that i should build something like a moving background but i have no idea how.

i’m sorry if my english isn’t perfect, thanks for reading, i’ll appreciate any help you can give me.