Help with my first project

Hello guys. I just finished the HTML and CSS course and i’m doing my first project , the tribute page. I have a problem with a part of text. Here : https://codepen.io/andreibratu/pen/jLERvK
The problem is that on second row when i add more text , instead of going into a new line , it takes my whole text under the 2016 . How to stop this from happening ? Any help appreciated and also sorry if i wasn’t clear enough :slight_smile:

sorry whats the problem i dont get it?

Oh, I see what you are saying! So, part of the issue is that the dates are disconnected from the text divs. So, when the screen responds, the text drops down below the list of dates. There is no organizational grouping between the two, if you will.

In following your current architecture, you can structure it with the text and the date in the same div, like this:

<div id="block1">1942 Born Cassius Marcellus Clay, Jr., on Jan. 17, in Louisville, Ky., to Odessa and Cassius, Sr. (a sign and mural painter).</div>

To give more space between the date and the line of text, you can always create a span class and then give it a text-indent property. Then, assign that span class to the other divs.

As i’m sure you are learning, there are many ways to do this. You can also treat each div as a column in a grid and use bootstrap to help with the css/grid structure.

I hope this helps some! Let me know if you have any questions. :smiley: