Help with Portfolio

Hello - I need some help with my portfolio webpage.

1. In the “About Me” section, is there a way to shift my paragraph to the right? I’ve played around with the padding, but want to know if there is another way to do it.

2. Also, I’m not sure why the header for the portfolio section is shifted to right (instead of aligned to the left like my About Me section). I want to align my headers.

I’m not finished with my portfolio webpage yet, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

My portfolio webpage.

Hi ctam91.

Sorry for my bad English, let’s go, answering your questions:

1. That’s quite simple, just adding text-align: right; in our stylesheet’s.
  2. In the Portfolio section it’s because you type “container fluid” it is actually container-fluid

I hope you can understand me and enjoy the Frontend :slight_smile:

I didn’t catch that last container-fluid. For the alignment, I went ahead and played with the padding-left to adjust my paragraph.

Thanks brunopulis!

Hi ctam91,
Your site is looking great, you should be proud of it.

I did notice that when I narrowed the viewport width for a mobile size your header h1 and h3 tags overflowed out of the container with the ID #home. I believe this is because you had a height property of 500px defined for #home element. Below I changed a few styles, I dropped your height property and added padding to the bottom of the container. I also changed the background-size to ‘cover’.

I hope this helps.

#home{
    padding-top: 50px;
    padding-bottom: 100px;
     background: url("https://images.unsplash.com/reserve/JjdWbOCTlemWMuvC0BeF_DSC_0867edit.jpg?ixlib=rb-0.3.5&q=80&fm=jpg&crop=entropy&s=93733799d489cf100ad9b13fa9a25fbf")no-repeat;
background-size: cover;
}

Thanks for your suggestion Nick-Damico. I couldn’t figure out why my headers were overflowing. I implemented your suggestions and it looks a lot better!