Help with Survey Form Project (number range of number input field)

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Hi. I need help understanding the ‘number’ input field required for the survey project. First, what information is meant to go in the field. I was assuming it needed a phone number, but then another instruction says the field needs a ‘min’ and ‘max’ validation. If it’s a phone number, what could be the minimum and the maximum number? Is that even relevant? if any verification was needed I would assume it should be the minimum and maximum number of digits, not the magnitude of the values. If so, what would those be?

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.131 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

Hi @Freenix !

Welcome to the forum!

I think taking a look at the docs might help answer a lot of your questions.

Just in case some of you are stuck, here is my codepen link to the survey form project.

Good luck!

Welcome, @Dancan . It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

1 Like

Thanks for the post. I read through the doc. It was informative about the ‘number’ input type, but I found out I didn’t need to read it to get the solution. I made a silly mistake. I did not notice that the number input was used to enter the age field and not a phone number input in the example codepen. The ‘min’ and ‘max’ attributes make sense in that case. I think if it was a phone number required, then it would probably need the ‘tel’ attribute, which I found from searching google. Thanks for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.