Hey everybody, first project ever! I don’t have it all spruced up yet, but I would like feedback on what I’ve got so far. Thanks!
Okay i can do that, thanks.
Your form looks good @tculber696. Some things to revisit;
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
bodyelement in the HTML editor. (No need to include the
bodytags). For anything you want to add to the
<head>element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
(The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
- Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
- It’s a bad UX to say a field is optional but the user has to fill it out in order to continue
- It’s a bad UX to have a required field with no indication that it’s required and the user is unable to continue
- Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens
thanks for the feedback, it feels a lil boilerplate though lol. I don’t know what UX means? User experience maybe?
This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.