Hey guys could you review my form i'd really appreciate it

Your form looks good @Ray_Thomas. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it, there’s a typo you should clean up.
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Do not use in-line styling. Use external styling.
  • Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • I don’t comment too much on someone’s design because everyone is different but I don’t quite understand the value-add of your navbar.
1 Like

If you’ve just started in web development, its a decent page but it requires a hell lot of improvement as well.

1 Like

hey thank you so much for the feedback could you elaborate on the second last and third last points and does internal styling suffice

@Ray_Thomas, I’m not sure which points you mean. Rather than quoting the other post could you quote the points in mine and I’ll elaborate.

1 Like

hey I was referring to these three points

@Ray_Thomas,

• “Do not use in-line styling. Use external styling.”
    • By this I mean don’t do this; <p style="font-size:30px;" id="description">. Keep all your styling in CSS
  • “Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button”
    • This should be self-explanitory. It means when the user’s cursor is hovering over the submit button, rather than looking like the normal arrow it should change to be a pointer. This is something that should be easy to research.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    • Read the links that associated with this statement. The <br> element has a limited purpose and it’s not to force line breaks or spacing. Instead of using <br> elements to have each inline element on a new line, use or set container elements to be block-level elements so they’ll each take up the full width.

Hope that helps.

1 Like