Hint You should have one @media (prefers-reduced-motion: no-preference) rule

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

WARNING

The challenge seed code and/or your solution exceeded the maximum length we can port over from the challenge.

You will need to take an additional step here so the code you wrote presents in an easy to read format.

Please copy/paste all the editor code showing in the challenge from where you just linked.

* {
  scroll-behavior: smooth;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Step 66

Link to the challenge:

wrap this rule around with @media(prefers-reduced-motion: no-motion) {}

This solution was not understood, it wasn’t of help to me

1 Like

i don’t know how to explain this one without giving the answer away but here we go…

your * rule is correct. the idea is that you want to wrap this rule in the @media rule

so basically youll create your “@media(etc)” rule and then place your * rule in butterfly brackets within the @media rule

@media(blah-blah){} + *{}
=@media(blah-blah){ * { } }

3 Likes

I was stuck on this one for the longest, so thought I would share. The following is stated in the step:

@media (feature: value) {
  selector {
    styles
  }
}

If you read the instructions carefully, each variable is given, so it’s a matter of plugging in the variables to the equation. Hope that helps someone out there to not be stuck on this step for an embarrassingly long time like me :grimacing:

3 Likes

Thank you . it really helped … I was stucked for 20mins.

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

1 Like