Hover state "not black"?

I do not understand what is wrong with this code. I watched the video in the help tab and the person on the video did the exact same thing I did so I don’t understand. I’ve disabled all of my chrome extensions to see if that was the issue but nothing has changed.

**my code so far**

<style>
a {
  color: black;
}
a:hover {
  color: blue;
}

</style>
<a href="https://freecatphotoapp.com/" target="_blank">CatPhotoApp</a>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/101.0.4951.67 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Adjust the Hover State of an Anchor Tag

Link to the challenge:

I didn’t complete this challenge yet but It looks like you have changed the anchor tag styling from hex code to the color name black. Please reset the challenge and write the code with hover pseudo class. Let me know if it works.

do not change the provided hex code to black. everything except that is correct.

no luck. i reset the challenge and ctrl + v’d the hover back in and its the same result

Can you post the code you have written after resetting the challenge. It worked for me and i can help you if you post the code in here. (use `` to add the code)

i dont exactly know how to add the code using `` but i typed it out below. the styles have a space between the less than sign and style so they could be visible

< style>

a {

color: #000;

}

a:hover {

color: blue;

}

< /style>

CatPhotoApp

Did you touch the already existing code? If yes, then can you reset the challenge and click line number 5 and write the hover pseudo selector code there. if you didn’t touch the code and still you are seeing the issue then please try the challenge in incognito mode once. Also if you have dark theme enabled or any extensions please disable/remove them.

i reset the code and i got the same results then tried it in incognito and it worked

ok it was my dark mode extension that somehow didnt turn off. thanks for the help

yeah few people have issues with extensions and themes which can be resolved by solving them in incognito mode or different browser.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.