How can I add another solution to the hints page?

I want to contribute another solution for JS es6 ‘Use Destructuring Assignment to Assign Variables from Nested Objects’.

Just curious what your alternative solution is?

Hello there.

For future contributions, please wrap your solution within :

[details]
```
code goes here...
```
[/details]

Also, provide all of the necessary code to pass the challenge.

Also, when you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor ( </> ) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

1 Like

Can I make a PR for this or is it for staff only? Sorry, I’m new to FreeCodeCamp.

Only mods can make changes. I am not really sure what other solution would be significantly different enough to include in the Guide for this challenge.

1 Like

Oh alright! Not an altogether different solution but with less keystrokes and somewhat lucid in my opinion for this specific question :sweat_smile:

const LOCAL_FORECAST = {
  yesterday: { low: 61, high: 75 },
  today: { low: 64, high: 77 },
  tomorrow: { low: 68, high: 80 }
};

// Only change code below this line

const {low: lowToday, high: highToday} = LOCAL_FORECAST.today;

// Only change code above this line

The test cases don’t accept it but the ‘lowToday’ and ‘highToday’ bindings get the respective values assigned through destructuring only.

Thanks for the guidance :pray:t2:

That is a solution but defeats the whole point of the exercise. The point is to use destructuring on LOCAL_FORECAST not LOCAL_FORECAST.today.

1 Like

Ah, in that sense it’s okay. :grin::v:t2: