How can i comment out <h1> and <p>

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<h1>Hello World</h1>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff</p>
<!-- <h1> hello world </h1>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 8.1.0; en-gb; Redmi S2 Build/OPM1.171019.011) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/71.0.3578.141 Mobile Safari/537.36 XiaoMi/MiuiBrowser/11.3.4-g.

Challenge: Comment out HTML

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/comment-out-html

im having problem to comment out

and the

aa i was asksd to do

Remember that in order to start a comment, you need to use <!-- and to end a comment, you need to use -->

a comment hides what’s inside it, it is not rendered
you need to hide the two elements you are required to, putting the start of a comment before what you need to hide and the end of a comment after it

The <h1></h1> element and the <p></p> elements must be commented, but the <h2></h2> should not. So, you will need to have two separate comments; one for each element.

TIP: a quick way to comment or comment out is to click on the element, line or make a selection you want commented (out) and then use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + /

I would reset and select all of the original code, press CTRL + /, and then add the comments where needed.

1 Like

i did that over and over but still not working out
do i have to it separetly or both at a time
thanks

in the code you posted you created a new h1 element and commented that out
the elements you need to comment out are those already existing

in that code there is also only the start of a comment but not the end

see that comment you did in the bottom do it for the" h1" above and close it and do it again for the “p” then close it again

appreciate i will try again

thanks ll check it out

thanks so much
much appreciated

1 Like

please how will i close it
is it by runing it?

you close it by adding--> at the end of the tag… and you can use " get a hint" to see the solution

<!-- EVERYTHING AFTER THIS IS COMMENTED
<h1>This is a title<h1>
THIS "DOUBLE DASH AND GREATER THAN" IS THE REQUIRED TO CLOSING OF THE COMMENT 
-->

<h2>This is a subtitle<h2>