How do i create my head body pefectly

i’m on my tribute page project. please how do io create the head tag properly . i cant seeem to go past it

Hi @resplandor !

Welcome to the forum!

If you are building your project in codepen, then you don’t need head tags.
That is already built into codepen.

If you are building this out locally, then it would help to see your code so we can see the issue.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

As mention you don’t need the head element if using codepen but if you’d like, review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags.

this is my code is my head tag wrong?

For future reference screenshots are not helpful. It’s best to post the link to your pen.

From the screenshot though, you are mixing up the head element with the header element.
You can reference the boilerplate link I posted previously and search on what the two elements are. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

Hope that helps.

this is the link to my pen. please where am i mixing it up?

As I said, you are confusing the purpose of the head element and the header element. They are used differently.

You can search to see what each is used for. Ask questions on what you don’t understand from your search results.

In the HTML editor, codepen only expects the code that would go between the body tags. This code is the code that the browser renders.
The head element would not go in the body element.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.