How do I determine the programming language used for

How do I determine the programming language used for GSelector, MusicMaster, or Power Gold music scheduling software (for radio stations)?

Is it C++, Java, Python, Scala, or something else entirely?

Any suggestions?

In the case of compiled software, you can’t. Power Gold is a windows download. You could guess it might have been made with Microsoft tools. GSelector and MusicMaster you have to sign in to get to their downloads so I didn’t go there. Gselector has an ASP website and MusicMaster has a PHP website. It would be a good guess that their respective cloud products use the same stack but you’d need access to find out.

tlc35us,

Thanks for the speedy reply, assessment.
You’ve made my day.
Cheers for now -

Not entirely true or accurate… there are ways to have a better more educated guess… as this SO post seems to imply…
How to know in which language/technology program (.exe) is written?

Although, what some of the answers there suggest, would take a lot of experience and know how with dissemblers, de-compilers, and the like. Not saying what you said is 100% wrong, but it’s not 100% correct either… Just saying that it “might” be possible to get some clues about the language/compiler used, but obviously, you’re not going to get source code.

1 Like

Also, my lawyer made me add this:

“a_aramini is speaking in theoretical terms for educational purposes, on his own behalf, and his statemets do not represent the opinions, beliefs, or view points of FreeCodeCamp, and furthermore a_aramini does not condone the reverse engineering, misuse, or redistribution of copyrighted material without express written consent of the copyright holder.”
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.