How do I find multiple people in a specific radius of my geolocation

Probably more of an advanced question but other than stack overflow I’m not sure were I could get this information.

Currently, I’m a few months into an an IOS application I’m building. I wrote my backend in Golang and what I’m trying to do is find a way to find a collection of user posts with in a specific radius of a users phone location.

A good example of this would be Tinder and how a user can swipe and it will show profiles of users in their area. What kind of algorithm would that be and were can I view some examples, does anyone know?

maybe something like arcgis without a visual map?

Most definitely you will need to collect location information from the user/client and save it in a database, maybe. Once you have the locations, it should be easy to query all users with near to a specified location.

Jodel is an app which shows content based on user location, think Reddit but for the local community. I found an unofficial client for the app on Github. I’m not sure how helpful it will be but at a glance I saw a few functions for making API requests to the official Jodel server. It should give you an idea of how such an app/client will interact with the backend and what informations are needed. I hope that helps :smiley: