How do I find my purpose/niche in life (career-wise)

I started off as an Advanced EMT, working in EMS. I worked in the field for 2 years, and I ended up losing my license over something stupid and unrelated to my job (long story).

Starting in 2016, I started to learn to code. I began with the fundementals of HTML, and then I started to dabble into PHP. My interest in web dev grew from there. The reason behind my interest in coding is because I had an idea for a web app I wanted to build, and I knew these website builders weren’t going to cut it for me.

Fast forwarding to now, I have been coding for 3 years. I am still an amateur and my coding skills are subpar. I like JavaScript a whole lot, and I have really studied it in depth. I would say I am advanced in vanilla JavaScript. I have shifted my focus from PHP to nodeJS/Express.

But I have also come to the realization that my project idea may not work out. Till this day I have still been unable to complete it and feel satisfied with my work. I was trying to build the next big app which is a pipe dream.

I have still not really picked up a frontend framework yet, after trying to learn on for over a year.

I don’t know if web development is really right for me. I am wanting to pursue the entrepreneurial route or do something incredible.

I really did not want to go to college for this. I was wanting to do this all on my own, but I have proven I can’t.

I really don’t know what to do at this point. I don’t want to go back to working EMS full time. EMS is crumbling.

I thought about pursuing digital marketing and making web apps for businesses as an idea, but this market is saturated and I don’t think I cam succeed in making a living off this.

I feel discouraged, burnt out, and somewhat depressed.

I am 25 and I still live at home. I feel like a barely have any direction on what to do. I am also on disability, which I would be unable to live on my own with this income I am receiving.

Hmm after looking at your other posted topics it seems to be a recurring theme of you posting your story and asking for advice.

Not that it’s wrong to make multiple topics (maybe a mod may disagree) or ask for advice!

Just looking at your story and how it’s been posted before maybe you have depression from your current state of employment and should seek help from a trained professional. We can’t provide that kind of trained professional support here at FCC.

Just take a break from coding until the new year and relax it will do you more good.

Cheers bud wishing you a happy new year