How do I load external file without php

I am currently doing a project - originally I was asked to do this in php but I have now been asked NOT to do any PHP.
I’ve been provided the asp page which is already done by another developer and am trying to call this up from my page as I did with php.

<script LANGUAGE=Javascript>  
document.getElementById("wb_Text3").innerHTML = "<?php require('./php/test2.php'); ?>";
</script>

It was done this way so that the name of the php file was hidden, now this needs to call up the fred.asp and run the script in there. What is the javascript equivalent to the php require please.

I have simplified the project to get a result…
The html page is:

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Simple Task</title>

</head>
<body>
<div id="container">
<div id="wb_Text3" style="position:absolute;left:75px;top:242px;width:310px;height:89px;z-index:2;">
<span style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;">Text3<br><br><br><br><br></span></div>
</div>

<script LANGUAGE=Javascript>  
	document.getElementById("wb_Text3").innerHTML = "<!--#include file="andrew.asp"-->";
</script></body>
</html>

The .asp page looks like this:

<%
	response.Write "SERVER SIDE SCRIPT"
%>

What I want is for the code in andrew.asp to execute and return to the textbox on the screen

My Brother is also a programmer and is old fashioned.
I went to all the bother of learning some php but he (who is the boss) wants me to go old-school.
I went to university - he did not but hey-Ho! Hes the boss.
Thank you for your help.

no time - he’s delegated me…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.