How do i make 2 paragraphs as children under my main element?

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

<main>
<h1>CatPhotoApp</h1>
<h2><p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched
    sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in 
    the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p></h2>
</main>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/76.0.3809.132 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/introduction-to-html5-elements

Hi @amypolito, welcome to the forum.
Regarding your solution there are 2 main problems:

• You changed the tag around CatPhotoApp from h2 to h1. Never change the code of the challenge unless it’s specifically asked :slight_smile:
  • You introduced another h2 element that wasn’t requested by the challenge and you made this element the parent of the 2 paragraphs.

Once you fix these 2 points, you’ll pass the challenge :slight_smile:
Edit: I forgot, I haven’t tested it (I’m on the phone and the editor doesn’t work in “mobile mode”) but I think that the main element should contain ONLY the paragraphs. As in, the h2 should be outside of the main, for the purpose of the challenge.

oh my gosh thank you so much! i had been stuck on this problem for 2 hours and you’ve helped me fix it!