How do I make it work?

How do I get my first div element look like a piece of the picture rather than a smaller version of the picture? Thank you!

I don’t think I understand the question or the effect you are going for. Do you have an example of what it is you are trying to achieve?

1 Like

What i mean is that the image inner image you see should look like a part of the whole big picture until you hover over it. But currently, it looks like it’s own separate picture, a mini of the large.

Are you trying to overlay the two images?

The two images would have to be the same size, for one, otherwise one will just look like a smaller version of the other. But the next question is how the overlay should work. You do not have any transparency. You would likely have to make a masked (cutout) version of the image with transparency for this to work.

But I’m still not 100% sure I understand exactly what you are trying to achieve.

1 Like

If you look at the beginning of this vid, you’ll see what I’m going for.

That is a cropped version of the image, not just a scaled-down version.

1 Like

Exactly. How do I get the image cropped instead of scaled down as it currently is?

I would suggest just doing it in an image editor, so you have two different versions of the image.

You can likely do it in CSS, maybe using something like clip-path, but I don’t really see a good reason to do so. You can search for CSS image crop if you want to try it.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll figure it out