How do I use command prompt for a python server (with python already installed using the command prompt)?

How do I use command prompt for a python server (with python already installed using the command prompt)?
0.0 0

Tell us what’s happening:

I’m currently trying to set up a local development environment using pythin.

Here is the documentation for what I am doing:
Click here for how to set up python in a local developer environment

Should I download python 2.7 etc or 3.6 etc?

I currently use windows 10 lattitude.

I’m assuming I need to download windows 2.7

Actually, you can go here and hover over downloads to see for sure.

P.S. I can read, and it says 2.7 is preferrable, but I was wanting to know i my computer is the exception. This should take approximately 2 minutes.

I’m in the process of making a voting site.

not actual ballot voting for elections, but I can post when I am done (I’m being purposefully vague!)

Whether you use Python2 or Python3 has nothing to do with the computer that you’re using it on. Either will run fine on any computer. It’s a matter of compatibility. Many pypi packages have not been updated for Python3. So it depends on what packages you want to use. (My personal 2-cents is that Python3 has been around long enough that any package that hasn’t been updated for it yet probably isn’t going to be well maintained in general.)

so does a local development environment not recognize the following: a folder within a folder? I saved my work in a particular folder inside a folder…

That shouldn’t present any problems.