How does my Tribute Page look?

Hey all,
I was hoping to get a little feedback on my page. I’d greatly appreciate any regarding coding efficiency, improper techniques, etc.

Thank you!

The coding works. Only thing i would have recommended was doing the tribute on someone else. I think they wanted you to use the example tribute page as a reference and not so much as a stencil. Also some of the info doesnt align. You still have the picture description of him standing amongst others but the description is under a photo of himself.

1 Like

Heh, gotcha. Yeah, totally overlooked the picture description. I originally thought we were supposed to make the same webpage, so I copied and pasted the text. I’ll do it on someone else, as you suggested. Thanks!

Hi @Bradygg, your new page looks good. Just a couple of things you may want to revisit;

• codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • you use an invalid attribute in HTML. Plus, you want to be using external CSS styling
    • there’s a typo in CSS that will affect how your page displays
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
  • While I like the parrallax effect, the color font you chose makes it difficult to read when it’s over the circle thingy
1 Like

Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback.

@Roma, I took your advice and cleaned up the code.

I agree with you about the font color blending with the Luther Rose(A.K.A. circle thingy). To remedy this I adjust the turquoise alpha, which did help a little. I also tried to increase the font weight, but didn’t like the fact that strings look equally as bold as the dates, so changed it back.

The only other thing I can think to change - as I really would like to avoid changing the background color scheme if possible - is to change the font color as you suggested. The problem is finding that color. I went with the purple because it seemed to be the only color that seems to complement the color scheme and is still readable.

Would you mind checking it out again and tell me if you think the change tho the background alpha was enough? It seems at least better to me, but I’m really not sure what other color would work. My guess is because the Luther Rose has so many different colors, it has a tendency to blend with whatever text I choose. Perhaps a font style change would be a better option?

1 Like

@Bradygg, that looks really good. There’s still the parrallax effect and the tribute information is easy to read. Good job!

1 Like