How I got a second degree and earned 5 developer certifications in just one year, while working and raising two kids

4 Likes

@beaucarnes this is so inspiring! This gives me hope that I can still work full time and possibly get a job as a Front End Developer in as little time as I can muster! My biggest take-away has been to create a schedule, I not a “planner”…maybe that is why I don’t get as much done as I would like :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your inspiring story. I’ve also been teaching myself how to code while working full time and taking care of a 3 year old. I’ve been at it for a little over a year, and I just decided to set a goal to be officially working by this summer. Your post inspired me to make a more organized schedule to help me reach my goal.

1 Like

I’m the stay at home mom in my situation and 95% of my time everyday is related to child rearing and housekeeping and maintaining a relationship with my husband. Wish I had time and freedom to code more than a few hours a week.

@98Problems I definitely had some advantages that others don’t have. My wife is a stay-at-home mom too and I know being a mom takes a lot of time. Your kids are way more important than your career.

In the past my wife and I have talked about getting a babysitter weekly just so she can get some extra time to do other stuff. I don’t know if that will work in your situation or not.

Congratulations on your accomplishment. Very inspiring and motivating.

Very inspiring, specially in this moment of my life when I really wanna turn my life around.
Aside from all the effort and organization you did, I’m amazed by your capacity to analize the process of learning and your own set of skills. Bravo!! This is what everyone should learn at schools, the process of learning. This is one of the things that really give you freedom. Just sharing a thought!! :smiley:

Congratulations man!!

Amazing, I am definitely inspired to create a plan of action to ensure that my goals are met. Thanks for the information.