How is my coming soon Page?

I Just finished redirecting my users to a coming soon page. I want to feel like what the page looks like as the user. Can you guys leave a decent review for me?

See the Redirect: uprightcode.com

See the Coming Soon: Upright Code - Comming Soon!

Thanks For All The Feedback!

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax errors you should be aware of and address.
    • You have elements out of order. Review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags.
  • Like all pages I would say to use external styling over internal and in-line styling.
  • Use spell check. It’s “coming”
    <title>Upright Code - Comming Soon!</title>

I’m not trying to be snarky but do a search on coming soon web page. There’s really only so much you can do to stand out.

Well, it’s fine, but you can do more. If you can, try to make the background dynamic and add a little interactive content to entertain the user. With this, your page will be great and worthwhile to visit.

1. The image is too big 2.1MB. It takes about 2 seconds to load which is bad, especially for a background image on a page like this. If you can find images on something like Unsplash which allows hotlinking and has a good CDN that would be better. It also has resize and quality parameters.

https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1437422061949-f6efbde0a471?&fm=jpg&fit=crop&w=1600&q=80&fit=max

You can adjust the w=1600 parameter, just don’t make it too large. It’s better to have it load fast.

1. Personally, I would center the “footer” text.

2. I would use flexbox and not positioning, but in this case, it doesn’t really matter much. But in general, for cleaner control of layouts, I would go with flexbox and margins. You can make simple reusable classes that will do what you need.

3. Using the position of an element to name the CSS class isn’t generally something I would suggest doing. For such a simple page it’s fine, but it’s still a potentially bad habit to get into. See if you can’t find names that describe the elements as a component instead. You can create simple utility classes and create the layout using them, then have any CSS specific to each “component” in a class name after the component and what it is.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.