How long can you make someone wait for your resume?

So background story is I had a contact who works for the military in a civilian department and I asked him through email if they do any front end work so then he CC’d a point of contact in the email and now they have asked if I have a resume to send over. I don’t have a resume geared towards front end just yet because I didn’t think anything would come out of the email but how long can I make him wait so that I make a resume? I barely got my first FCC cert so I don’t have much background lol but they have training programs so I’m not too worried about the experience.

If I was in your position, I would either try to get them a resume in the next 24 hours (if I thought I was qualified to begin work) or I would respond to my friend with something like “I’m not quite to the point where I’m applying for jobs. I’m just beginning to prepare for my job hunt and I thought of you and hoped to pick your brains a little about what type of developers your office employs.”

That’s a good response. Idk why I didn’t think of it. Thanks for the help! I’m capable of learning fast but I’ll definitely say that I’m a work in progress.