How to actually build website after curriculum?

I finished the HTML and CSS part of the curriculum. I paid for a web-hosting service through siteground.com and registered a domain name. After carefully going through the reviews, now my question is what do I code on and how do I upload my code to create a site online?

To clarify, I did the curriculum, I have a pretty good grasp on the coding. How do I now take that code and bring a website online? Do I use notepad then upload it? How does this work?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

first thing first, choose some simple websites and click developer tool, copy the code and play with it.
this called design a website using a template.
then while you debug the things you will gain practical experience to move forward.

I am wanting to create a website on my computer, then when I am happy with what I have created I want to be able to upload it to my webhost. What programs/apps are required to first, view the website on my computer? Secondly, what app/program do I use to upload it to my webhost? Do I just upload the files or?

If it’s a static site, you can use a text editor to write your code. Any of these will do:

• Atom
  • Visual Studio Code (Recommended)
  • SublimeText
  • Brackets

Once it’s done, you’ll need to upload it. This can be done multiple ways:

• Through cPanel and manually uploading it through the web GUI.
  • Using an FTP program. (Recommended).

Filezilla is a good FTP program. There are guides on Siteground which you can search for, which will guide you in creating an FTP account.

you need editor for simple html, if it is php u need wordpress or localhost.
for uploading files ur host has its own program u download it and u use it with your credentials.