How to add dotted horizontal line after text in table

Hi!

I have a table in html.
I would like to add a horizontal line like in the picture after the texts.
dotted
How do I do that?

Please show us your code so we can see what you’ve tried so far.

When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

Agreed. We don’t usually make it a habit of just giving people the answer without at least some effort first.

I had never done this exact effect before so out of curiosity I was able to get it working with some relatively simple CSS that I think you could use in your table. It seems to scale nicely to any type of font used and text size increases.

I will give you a hint as to how I did it :slight_smile: Think of the text and the dotted line as two separate items. There is a layout method that is very good (some might say, extremely flexible) at displaying items side by side in a single row.

Hi again!

First of all I am not an expert.
I have downloaded the template Shop Item - Bootstrap Ecommerce Shop Item Template - Start Bootstrap.

html

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="sv">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>Test</title>
<link href="test.css" rel="stylesheet" />

</head>

<body>

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse; border-width: 0" bordercolor="#111111" width="100%">
  <tr>
    <td width="50%" style="border-style: none; border-width: medium">One 
 <div>
  Test
</div>
</td>
    <td width="50%" style="border-style: none; border-width: medium">1</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
    <td width="50%" style="border-style: none; border-width: medium">Twenty</td>
    <td width="50%" style="border-style: none; border-width: medium">20</td>
  </tr>
</table>

</body>

</html>

css

div {
  display: flex;
  width: 300px;
}

div:after {
  border-bottom: 1px dotted black;
  content: '';
  flex: 1;
}

I got it work in the example above. But I dont really know where to put it in the template css-file. I have a table in the red ring in the picture, where I want the code. I put it in the wrong place, so the template look terrible.

Again, without being able to see all of your code it is very difficult to help you. The best option would be to put your project in a public place where we can see it, such as codepen or github.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.