How to contribute to FCC? I wrote my master's thesis on learning programming

Hi Everyone :slight_smile:

I just got my front-end certificate from FCC, and I’m really thankful for being part of this amazing community. I had been wanting to learn about programming for a while, and FCC finally taught me how to learn in a way that works for me - it’s been an amazing journey so far!

My learning experience inspired me to write my Master’s thesis on this topic - how can people learn programming for free the most efficient way? I took a very pragmatic approach to provide actionable advice for people who want to learn programming (the thesis is not very academic so as not to bore its readers to death). I showed it to some of my friends who are also learning programming, who found it to be really helpful, which is why I wanted to share it with you (here’s the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1nt4za2irxfz3gx/Thesis_v06.pdf?dl=0 )

I think the insights gained from my research could benefit many other campers as well. Does it seem interesting to re-use some or all of the thesis’ content? It could be published as a free e-book, or split up into a series of connected blog posts - I’d love to hear your opinion on this! I’d be really happy if it could benefit the FCC community in some way :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

6 Likes

Depending on they content, it may be a good fit for the medium.freecodecamp.com

Here is a link to the about. https://medium.freecodecamp.com/about this might be the best place.

1 Like

I enjoyed reading your thesis. It was great to see you referencing so many of my friends (Erik Trautman, Bill Sourour - even camper Stephen Mayeux.

Based on my experience, this would need to be heavily adapted to work on Medium. You’d need to completely recast the content in a way that’s footnote and table-of-contents free.

Instead, I would recommend writing about specific insights you gleaned from it - preferably as a series of focused articles. If you did want to publish your paper somewhere (academia.edu would be a good place) we could tweet it.

3 Likes

Alright, thanks a lot for the feedback and suggestions :slight_smile: