Twitch is a live streaming video platform that was founded in June 2011. More than 2 million people broadcast on Twitch each month with over 100 million unique visitors.
Setting up your Twitch Account
Creating an account with Twitch enables you to interact with chat, get alerts when someone you know streams and maybe even stream yourself.
- Click here to create a new account.
- You should now choose an appropriate username and password.
- Then submit your date of birth and your email address.
It’s important that you provide a correct email address, as you will need this later to verify your account and get alerts when someone goes live.
- Now all you need to do is complete the captcha and you’re ready to rock!
- Once you have signed up, you will receive an email regarding verifying your account.
Changing some Settings
Once you’ve logged in, go to the settings page.
On this page you can change your profile picture, email address and write a bio. Unfortunately, Twitch doesn’t allow you to change your username once you’ve signed up. However, you can change the capitalization.
We are currently moving away from using Twitch, we will update this page once details have been finalized.
To follow FreeCodeCamp on Twitch, go to our channels page. Press the follow button and enable alerts as show below. You will now be sent an email every time FreeCodeCamp goes live.
Watching past broadcasts
If we aren’t live, you can watch some of our previous streams. Past broadcasts are only saved for 14 days after they are originally streamed, so bare that in mind.