How to create id for footer element?

How to create id for footer element?
0.0 0

don’t know how to create a main tag for two paragraphs,

CatPhotoApp

Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.

Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.

that is coming up as wrong, says closing main element should be after the closing paragraph element for the second paragraph and says it should have only one main element, please help!

In the future can you specify which lesson you’re on? In the meantime I’ll be searching for which lesson it is but if you see this please let me know <3

Yes, Sure!!

Basic HTML and HTML5: Link to Internal Sections of a Page with Anchor Elements

Thanks a lot!

Am stucked again, where to put my id tag?

Woops!

I’ve directed you to the wrong one!

I’ve actually solved that issue hahah though I am experiencing an issue on this ^ lesson!

I’ve entered the footer as <id=“footer”> Copyright Catphoto App and its coming up as wrong, would you know what I could do?

Thanks a lot!

Would you post the code you currently have? (Also if you don’t know how to format the code paste it in, select it, and then press the </> in the nav bar.)

<footer><id="footer"> Copyright Catphoto App</footer>
Is that alright?

Okay so this took me a second to figure out as well. I’ll try to explain it (it’s pretty simple) but I’m terrible at explaining things.
Basically all parameters(variables, like id, font-size, font-color, position, class, etc.) are all included in the opening tag of whatever it is. So, instead of <footer><id="footer">, it’s actually <footer id="footer"> Just another quick tip, if you have more than one parameter you just add a space in between them, like <footer id="footer" class="cat" href="link">

Hope that made sense XD. Also just something I like to do is read the entire lesson text, and try to understand it as much as I can, and then actually cover up the lesson text and try to complete it without any copy/pasting or peeking at the lesson. I think this encourages actually understanding every aspect of your code.

That was spectacular! Thanks so much! You actually broke it down really well so thank you! :grin:

That’s a good point! I’ll incorporate that in so that I get a deeper understanding for sure!

Adding to @Noblesuntzu’s explanation. Elements have attributes (i.e. id, class, etc…) which are enclosed in the opening tag.

@randelldawson
Thanks! That’s really handy information!

I really struggled to understand this lesson in particular because of that, so that’s fantastic

Attributes. That’s the word I was looking for :joy: Thanks <3

Thank you @Noblesuntzu, you are a saver!
Cheers!