How to create variable and if i am told to define something what should I do?

Tell us what’s happening:
I am facing problems with the instruction and with the string

Your code so far

var  s;myFirstName = 'jais'
var  b; myLastName ='aza'

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:96.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/96.0

Challenge: Declare String Variables

Link to the challenge:

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Hello there.

Do you have a question?

If so, please edit your post to include it in the Tell us what’s happening section.

Learning to describe problems is hard, but it is an important part of learning how to code.

Also, the more information you give us, the more likely we are to be able to help.

What is this extra s; part?

Example:

var myName = “your name”;

1 Like

actually I am new in programming so I am facing problems in the instructions . I put your solution It is good ty but I faced a new problem the bellow line was wriiten in the instruction

myFirstName should be a string with at least one character in it.
so what should I do now?

Put the strings inside the quotes (“myName”).

1 Like

it is not working :frowning:

Please show us the complete code of what you are trying now so we can help you. Just cut and paste it into your reply. Then we can point you in the right direction.

Jeremy didn’t give you a “solution” but an example. It’s literally meant to NOT solve the task, thus if you put it in, you will still fail.

You have to READ the example, UNDERSTAND the difference to your code and then ADAPT it.
That’s what you should do.

You cannot just copy stuff without understanding it and then hope to progress. Because your understanding IS the progress.
If you don’t understand why the program fails if you randomly put “s;” somewhere, then you have to read again how any of this works.

2 Likes

var (‘myFirstName’)= ‘jesy’

var (‘myLastName’)= ‘lee’

I put this but I am not understanding my mistakes

You should not have (' before the variable name and not have ') after. It should look like:

var myFavoriteFood = 'pizza';

But use the correct variable name and value.

2 Likes

Do one thing start from the beginning of the JavaScript challenge. REad the challenge carefully and try it again
myName is the variable you declare.
var myName and
“your name” is the value you give to your variable i.e myName
and your complete code will be written as
var myName = “your name”;
hope you get it.
refer to this link

2 Likes

Thank you soo much . It helped me i understtod all the instructions :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.