How to create web page from scratch HTML/CSS/JavaScript

How do i create a website from scratch after i bought my domain name?
do i have to upload my html/css/javascript files to a server i buy? and which options is best?

1 Like

That depends on your domain provider.

If the domain provider also offers webhosting, you can upload your files to their hosting platform - you may need to check the documentation for how to do this.

Alternatively, you can host the page elsewhere (I use GitHub pages for a lot of mine) and set a CNAME record in your DNS configuration to point to that location.

2 Likes

Hey!
You have to change the nameservers and point to the host you upload the website files.
You can go for free static hosts like GitHub Pages or Netlify :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you have access to a Cpanel and a file manager? If that’s the case you just need to put your files in the public_HTML folder.

2 Likes

What provider would you recommend ? Personally I’ve been thinking to get one ( so I would show my work in the web …)
What route should I start ?

1 Like

You don’t necessarily need a domain name - for example, GitHub pages will host under username.github.io

I purchased my domain through GoDaddy, though there are plenty of options and providers out there. I can’t really offer a reasonable recommendation as I did not explore other providers. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ok make sense. So I was not sure how it works really withGitHub .Thank you.

2 Likes

great. can you tell me what digitalocean and heroku is used for? ive been hearing those names a lot and if i need it?

Digital Ocean is, I believe, a server host. You pay them for a “virtual server” to host your projects on.

Heroku is similar, but offers a free tier, and for paid models charges by app instead of by server.

Personally, I’ve only used Heroku - haven’t even looked at Digital Ocean. So I might not be the best source of information for this. It depends on what kind of projects/apps you want to host, really.

1 Like